Tobi Hill Meyer’s new film project has met its initial fundraising goals, but still needs more money in order to meet goals related to captions (an important accessibility feature, folks!) and non-binary inclusion. Below is the blurb for this exciting project, excerpted from its Kickstarter page:
In the media lately, it seems like everyone gets to have their say about trans women’s sexuality. Everyone except trans women themselves.
This erotic documentary will explore the heart of the matter weaving together explicit scenes and interview footage from trans women and their partners. I’ll be asking questions like:
- What dynamics influence how trans women connect and flirt with other people?
- How do they communicate about their desires?
- What difficulties do they encounter? How do they overcome them?
- How do relationships and hookups with other trans people differ from those with cis (non-trans) partners?
- How are trans women and their partners treated in the different communities in which they participate?
- How do intersecting identities, such as race, class, ability, and survivor status influence these things?
Stereotypes and prejudices around trans women’s sexuality influence public policy, access to healthcare, workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, “trans-panic” defenses in murder trials, and so much more. Trans women are alternately portrayed as hypersexual, deceptive and predatory, or portrayed as desexualized and pathetic. The goal of this project is to create depictions of real humanity and allow trans women to take control over how their sexuality is portrayed.
Please go here and donate whatever you can to help this film reach its full potential.